The public are invited to venerate the relic of the ‘cross on which Jesus died’ at the Veritas Chapel in Quezon City from Holy Monday, April 10, 2017 until Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017.
The bible doesn’t say what happened to the cross after Jesus was removed from it. However, according to Christian tradition, the cross disappeared after the crucifixion, but was found again about three centuries later during a search in Jerusalem. According to church historians, it was discovered in Jerusalem in the year 326 AD by Empress Helena, the mother of Constantine the Great, the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity.
The Empress found three different crosses -a discovery directly relating to the Gospels, which tell us that Jesus was crucified along with two criminals. The ‘True Cross’ was identified by its miraculous healing power. According to the historian Rufinus, the test to identify which cross was Jesus’ was performed on a dying woman, who was immediately restored to health when touched by the third cross. Its healing power is said to be an intrinsic property of the wood itself, created when the cross was in physical contact with the body of Christ and stained with his blood, sweat, and tears.
It was also said, that parts of the cross were eventually taken to other places, and many modern churches claim to have small pieces of the wood. Some people believe that this wood has miraculous healing powers.
The relic is owned by Ambassador to the Holy See Mercy Tuazon under the custody of Mr. Leandro Jose C. Tesorero at Bro. Lynch Kristopher B. Flores of the Work of the Saints Apostolate.
The Work of the Saints Apostolate is a group of young lay faithful whose mission is to promote Holiness through devotion to the Saints and their relics. It also provides spiritual formation through recollections and formation programs.
The ‘Arma Christi’ is a special reliquary from a monastery in Rome, under the care of the Work of the Saints Apostolate. It contains small precious fragments from the Instruments of the Passion of Our Lord: from the True Cross, Nail, Thorn, Column of Flagellation, Reed, Purple Cloak, Seamless Robe. It also includes the precious first (bone) and second (clothes) class relics of 56 other saints including the 12 Apostles, 10 Doctors of the Church, 10 Founders of Religious Congregations and many more.
Meanwhile, devotees may venerate the first class relic (from his blood) of Saint Pope John Paul II until Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017 at the Veritas Chapel.
For inquiries, please call 925-7932 local 129 and look for Radio Veritas Religious Coordinator Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017