Devotees of Saint Anthony of Padua may visit the saint’s first class relic, “Ex Cute” (from the skin) at the Radio Veritas Chapel in Quezon City on his feast day on June 13, 2017.
In preparation of his feast day, the faithful may also visit the image of Saint Anthony of Padua from June 4 until June 13, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor EDSA in Quezon City. There will be an off-air novena at 11:00am within the duration of his image’s enthronement in the station’s chapel.
Saint Anthony of Padua also known as Anthony of Lisbon, was a Portuguese Catholic priest and friar of the Franciscan Order. He is known for his forceful preaching and expert knowledge of the scripture and the most celebrated saint of the followers of Saint Francis of Assisi. He was also the second-most-quickly canonized saint after Peter of Verona. He was canonized by Pope Gregory IX less than a year after his death in 1232.
In January 16, 1946 he was proclaimed a Doctor of the Church by Pope Pius XII, because of his simple and remarkable spiritual teaching. He is also the patron saint of finding things or lost people and is typically depicted with a book and the Infant Child Jesus.
Devotees may also take part in the Pledge of Devotion program of the station in honor of Saint Anthony of Padua, please call (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela for more information.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based AM radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017