Devotees of Saint Anthony of Padua may visit the saint’s first class relic, “Ex Cute” (from the skin) at the Radio Veritas Chapel in Quezon City on his feast day on June 13, 2017.
In preparation of his feast day, the faithful may also visit the image of Saint Anthony of Padua from June 4 until June 13, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor EDSA in Quezon City. There will be an off-air novena at 11:00am within the duration of his image’s enthronement in the station’s chapel.
Saint Anthony of Padua also known as Anthony of Lisbon, was a Portuguese Catholic priest and friar of the Franciscan Order. He is known for his forceful preaching and expert knowledge of the scripture and the most celebrated saint of the followers of Saint Francis of Assisi. He was also the second-most-quickly canonized saint after Peter of Verona. He was canonized by Pope Gregory IX less than a year after his death in 1232.
In January 16, 1946 he was proclaimed a Doctor of the Church by Pope Pius XII, because of his simple and remarkable spiritual teaching. He is also the patron saint of finding things or lost people and is typically depicted with a book and the Infant Child Jesus.
Devotees may also take part in the Pledge of Devotion program of the station in honor of Saint Anthony of Padua, please call (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela for more information.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based AM radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Our Lady of Peace and Voyage to visit Veritas Chapel - June 22, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the feast day of the Sacred Heart of Jesus - June 16, 2017
- Radio Veritas invites the public to the June 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation - June 15, 2017
- Good Samaritan, offering a helping a hand - June 8, 2017
- Back to School Telethon 2017 for the benefit of YSLEP Scholars - June 3, 2017
- Relic of Saint Anthony of Padua to visit Veritas Chapel - June 2, 2017
- Veritas to visit Jubilee Churches in Laguna - May 31, 2017
- Fr. Felloni is the new Barangay Simbayanan anchor - May 30, 2017
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017