Radio Veritas will air a special programming in celebration of the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes on Saturday, February 11, 2017.
Devotees may listen to Veritas846 for the live Mass from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in Quezon City in honor of her feast day at 12nn. The station will also have an off-air mass and anointing of the sick at the Veritas Chapel on that same time. Also, the religious program, “Kristo Liwanag sa Dilim” and the evening program for the Catholic Communities will gave way for the live broadcast of the grand procession from 6pm to 9pm.
Meanwhile, the replica of the image of Our Lady of Lourdes from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in Quezon City is available for public veneration at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel until February 11.
In 1858, the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared eighteen times to Bernadette Soubirous, a 14 year old peasant girl while she was collecting fire woods near the grotto of Massabielle, near Lourdes, France. According to Bernadette Soubirous the Virgin Mary was dressed in white with equally white veil, blue belt and with yellow rose on each foot.
February 11, 1858 was the first day of these eighteen apparitions of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Lourdes where she recalled the importance of prayer, the rosary, penance and humility. To honor these apparitions, the Roman Catholic Church venerates the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title Our Lady of Lourdes.
In the Philippines, the replica of Our Lady of Lourdes is currently enshrined in the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in Kanlaon Cor. N.S. Amoranto Ave. (Formerly Retiro St.), Sta. Mesa Heights, Quezon City. Her feast day is celebrated every 11th of February.
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based am radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017
- Veritas846 airs “Catena Legionis” daily - May 23, 2017
- Radio Veritas awards best schools in radio broadcasting - May 22, 2017
- Image of Our Lady of Caysasay visits Veritas Chapel - May 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas airs the activities for the celebration of the centennial apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima - May 11, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to bless and distribute 200 images of Our Lady of Fatima - May 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ - May 8, 2017
- Relics of soon-to-be saints, Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco Marto to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - May 3, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Joseph the Worker - April 27, 2017