Catholics are invited to commemorate Black Saturday and celebrate Easter Sunday by tuning in to Radio Veritas 846 special programming on Aril 15 and 16, 2017.
Veritas846 will start its special programming on Black Saturday with the talks of Most Rev. Cubao Bishop Honesto Ongtioco, D.D., and Radio Veritas President, Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual from the Araneta Lenten Retreat in lieu of the news and public affairs programs “Magkabiyak sa Batas” and “Veritasan” from 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN.
Talks on Ynares Lenten retreat will also be aired from 1:00PM to 3:00PM. The Easter Vigil Mass to be presided by His Eminence Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. from the Manila Cathedral will be broadcasted live from 8:00PM to 11:00PM.
Meanwhile, on Easter Sunday, the Easter Vigil Mass to be presided by His Holiness Pope Francis from the Vatican City will be aired from 3:30AM to 6:00AM.
Radio Veritas’ 48th anniversary celebration will also be aired from 1:00PM to 6:00PM. This will commence with the Holy Mass to be presided by Cardinal Tagle. The event will also feature musical performances of different groups including Hiyas ng Hagonoy Folkloric Group, Alay sa may Kapansanan Foundation, Gawad Kalinga Mabuhay Choir, Hangad Music Ministry and Vietnamese students from Institute for Consecrated Life in Asia (INCLA).
In the evening, from 11:00 PM to 12:00MN, the Easter Mass and the Urbi et Orbi by His Holiness Pope Francis from the Vatican will be aired.
Black Saturday is the last day of Holy Week in which Christians prepare for Easter. It commemorates the day that Jesus Christ’s body lay in the tomb and the Harrowing of Hell.
Easter Sunday celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ as described in the New Testament to be occurred on the third day of his burial after his crucifixion. The resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is celebrated on Easter, is the foundation of Christianity. His resurrection symbolizes the eternal life that is granted to all who believe in Him.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Veritas 846 hosts “Online Prayer Meeting for Peace” with Bishop Pabillo - July 19, 2017
- Relics of Saints Joachim and Anne to visit Veritas Chapel - July 18, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the Grandparent’s day through “Regalo ko kina Lola’t Lolo Grandparent’s day Raffle Promo” - July 14, 2017
- July 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation to air at Radio Veritas 846 - July 11, 2017
- Lamudi Affordable Housing Fair may mga serbisyo publiko - July 10, 2017
- Veritas 846 airs via Cignal TV and Eradio portal - July 7, 2017
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion to our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour Devotion and Confession at Veritas Chapel - July 5, 2017
- Head of Vatican’s Council on New Evangelization, permanent representative to UN, to grace PCNE 4 - July 3, 2017
- Second part of the Veritas Pilgrimage in Laguna to journey this July - July 3, 2017