The public are enjoined to take part in honoring the Sacred Heart of Jesus during its feast on June 23, 2017.
A Eucharistic Celebration will be aired at 12:15pm to be concelebrated by Fr. Reynante Tolentino, Rector of the National Shrine of Peace and Good Voyage (Antipolo Cathedral), and Rev. Fr. Alvin Pila of the Diocese of Malolos and anchor of the Radio Veritas program, Divine Mercy Hour.
In preparation of his feast day, the faithful may join the novena to the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus from June 14 until June 22, from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor. EDSA in Quezon City.
Devotion to the Sacred Heart began in the year 1672. On repeated occasions, Jesus appeared to Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque, a Visitation nun, in France, and during these apparitions He explained to her the devotion to His Sacred Heart as He wanted people to practice it. He asked to be honored in the symbol of His Heart of flesh; He asked for acts of reparation, for frequent communion especially during First Fridays of the month, and the keeping of the Holy Hour.
Devotees may also take part in the Pledge of Devotion program of the station in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The prayer request, petition, thanksgiving and other intentions will be offered at the Holy Mass and rosary prayer at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City. Also, the names of the devotees will also be announced in the different programs of the station, and they will also be given a pledge of devotion certificate to certify their pledge as well as a Sacred Heart of Jesus scapular.
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based AM radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017