Catholics may take part in the celebration of the centennial apparitions of the Our Lady of Fatima through listening to Radio Veritas on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
The station will air the 9:00am Holy Mass at the National Shrine of the Our Lady of Fatima in Valenzuela City at 12:00nn. This will be presided by Rev. Msgr. Bartolome Santos, Vicar General of Malolos Diocese and the rector of National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima.
Listeners may also take part in the 6:00pm Mass and the episcopal coronation of the image of Our Lady of Fatima to be presided by Malolos Bishop Most Rev. Jose Oliveros, D.D. that will be aired live by Radio Veritas.
Also, the station will give reports and updates on the blessing and distribution of 201 images of Our Lady of Fatima to the barangay communities in Pasay City in a Holy Mass to be presided by His Eminence Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. at the Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Sgt. Mariano, Pasay City.
For the faithful nearby the station in Quezon City, Radio Veritas will also have an off-air Mass in honor of Our Lady of Fatima at 12:00nn to be presided by Rev. Fr. Dexter Toledo, OFM, Provincial Secretary of the Order of the Friars Minor in the Philippines and anchor of the Veritas program, Barangay Simabayanan.
Our Lady of Fatima is a Roman Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary based on her six apparitions to three shepherd children; Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta near the town of Fatima. The Blessed Mother repeatedly emphasized the need to pray the Rosary every day, to wear the Brown Scapular of Mount Carmel and to perform acts of reparation and sacrifice in all her appearances every 13th of the month from May to October 1917.
In 1942, Pope Pius XII consecrated the whole world to Mary’s Immaculate Heart and carried out a similar consecration of Russia in 1952. In 1984, a collegial consecration, in union with “moral totality” of the world’s bishops, was led by Saint Pope John Paul II.
The Marian apparitions at Fatima received further Papal support when Saint Pope John Paul II on May 13, 1979 declared Jacinta and Francisco “venerable,” the first stage in the process of their canonization. Saint Pope John Paul Ii then beatified Jacinta and Francisco on May 13, 2000 during the Jubilee Year. On May 13, 2017, Pope Francis will declare them as saints.
In the Philippines, the image of Our Lady of Fatima is considered as the Queen of Peace. Our Lady of Fatima was also declared as the Patroness of Valenzuela City in celebration of the Golden Anniversary of the parish in 2011.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017
- Veritas846 airs “Catena Legionis” daily - May 23, 2017
- Radio Veritas awards best schools in radio broadcasting - May 22, 2017
- Image of Our Lady of Caysasay visits Veritas Chapel - May 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas airs the activities for the celebration of the centennial apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima - May 11, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to bless and distribute 200 images of Our Lady of Fatima - May 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ - May 8, 2017
- Relics of soon-to-be saints, Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco Marto to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - May 3, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Joseph the Worker - April 27, 2017