Monthly devotion to Our Lady of Fatima to be held at the Veritas Chapel
As part of Radio Veritas’ initiatives to take part in the celebration of the centennial of the Apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima this year, the station will hold a monthly devotion in her honor at the Veritas Chapel starting on February 13, 2017.
It will be held every 13th of the month at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City to signify her six apparitions, and it also aims to prepare devotees for the celebration by giving them a chance to venerate her image from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Valenzuela City and pray the rosary at 11:30am.
Our Lady of Fatima is a Roman Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary based on her six apparitions to three shepherd children; Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta near the town of Fatima. The Blessed Mother repeatedly emphasized the need to pray the Rosary every day, to wear the Brown Scapular of Mount Carmel and to perform acts of reparation and sacrifice in all her appearances every 13th of the month from May to October 1917.
In the Philippines, the National Pilgrim Image of the Our Lady of Fatima is one of the original statues blessed by Pope Paul VI. It was later brought to the country by the late Jaime Cardinal Sin and was crowned as the National Pilgrim Image during the launching of the National Marian Year on December 8, 1984.
It was permanently handed to the National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in 1999 and was the main Our Lady of Fatima image that became the forefront of the EDSA People Power Revolution in 1986 where Our Lady, through the statue, showed her maternal protection to the people. The image of Our Lady of Fatima is considered as the Queen of Peace. Our Lady of Fatima was also declared as the Patroness of Valenzuela City in celebration of the Golden Anniversary of the parish in 2011.
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017
- Veritas846 airs “Catena Legionis” daily - May 23, 2017
- Radio Veritas awards best schools in radio broadcasting - May 22, 2017
- Image of Our Lady of Caysasay visits Veritas Chapel - May 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas airs the activities for the celebration of the centennial apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima - May 11, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to bless and distribute 200 images of Our Lady of Fatima - May 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ - May 8, 2017
- Relics of soon-to-be saints, Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco Marto to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - May 3, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Joseph the Worker - April 27, 2017