Radio Veritas is inviting the public to visit and venerate the image and second class relic “ex tunica” (from the tunic) of Saint Joseph Cupertino from August 14-23, 2017.
Devotees seeking educational guidance and other petitions may venerate the image and relic of Saint Joseph Cupertino from 8:00am to 5:00pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City.
St. Joseph was born in 1603 at Cupertino, in the diocese of Nardo in the Kingdom of Naples. After spending his childhood and adolescence in simplicity and innocence, he finally joined the Franciscan Friars Minor Conventual. After his ordination to the priesthood, he gave himself up entirely to a life of devotion to the Lord and his church. His deep devotional life led him to the kind of holiness which is forged through humility, voluntary mortification, and obedience.
He is a priest who was said to be known for his ability to fly. For the last 35 years of his life as a priest he was unable to celebrate Mass in public because he would often, without being able to help it, be lifted up into the air when he went into an ecstatic state, which happened at nearly every Mass.
His feast day is celebrated on the day he died on September 18. He was canonized in 1767 by Pope Clement XIII. He is the patron of air travelers and students preparing for exams.
Rev Fr. Anton CT Pascual, Radio Veritas President, invites the public to take this opportunity to venerate and know more about the life of Saint Joseph Cupertino.
“This is a rare chance for all of us to be visited by Saint Joseph Cupertino. To all students, travelers and pilots, may we find guidance and inspiration from the life of St Joseph and have this chance to pray to him for your intentions,” Fr Pascual said.
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017