Devotees may venerate the replica of the image of the Our Lady of Caysasay from her Archdiocesan Shrine in Taal, Batangas until May 25, 2017 at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City.
The image of Our Lady of Caysasay which is believed to be one of the oldest in the country and known as the “Queen of the Archdiocese of Lipa” will be available for public veneration from 8am to 5pm.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual invites the public to visit and pray before the image of Our Lady of Caysasay.
“My dear Kapanalig, we are very lucky to have the replica of the image of Our Lady of Caysasay from Batangas enshrined on the Veritas Chapel. I invite you to visit and pray for her intercession,” Fr. Pascual said.
In 1603, a fisherman named Juan Maningcad caught a little statue of the Blessed Virgin of the Immaculate Conception in the ‘Pansipit River’. When the town’s priest heard about the news they took the image to the church in the capital of the province. However, the image always disappears and found at its usual place, until the image was completely disappeared.
Several days after, Maria Bagohin and Maria Talain who went to gather fire woods found the image of the Virgin Mary on the branch of a tall bush with surrounded with ‘king-fisher’ or locally known as ‘Casay-casay’, hence the image was called Our Lady of Caysasay. Because of this event, the town’s people decided to build a chapel on the same spot it has been found.
On 8 December 1954, the image of Our Lady of Caysasay was canonically crowned at the Basilica of San Martin de Tours in Taal, Batangas by Spanish Cardinal Fernando Quiroga, representing Pope Pius XII. Her feast day is celebrated on December 8 and 9. Currently, the original image of Our Lady of Caysasay is currently enshrined at the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Caysasay in Labac, Taal, Batangas.
For inquiries, please call (02) 925 7932 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Rey Isabela of Radio Veritas Religious Department.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic Radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Veritas 846 hosts “Online Prayer Meeting for Peace” with Bishop Pabillo - July 19, 2017
- Relics of Saints Joachim and Anne to visit Veritas Chapel - July 18, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the Grandparent’s day through “Regalo ko kina Lola’t Lolo Grandparent’s day Raffle Promo” - July 14, 2017
- July 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation to air at Radio Veritas 846 - July 11, 2017
- Lamudi Affordable Housing Fair may mga serbisyo publiko - July 10, 2017
- Veritas 846 airs via Cignal TV and Eradio portal - July 7, 2017
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion to our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour Devotion and Confession at Veritas Chapel - July 5, 2017
- Head of Vatican’s Council on New Evangelization, permanent representative to UN, to grace PCNE 4 - July 3, 2017
- Second part of the Veritas Pilgrimage in Laguna to journey this July - July 3, 2017