Devotees may venerate the replica of the image of the Our Lady of Caysasay from her Archdiocesan Shrine in Taal, Batangas until May 25, 2017 at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City.
The image of Our Lady of Caysasay which is believed to be one of the oldest in the country and known as the “Queen of the Archdiocese of Lipa” will be available for public veneration from 8am to 5pm.
Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual invites the public to visit and pray before the image of Our Lady of Caysasay.
“My dear Kapanalig, we are very lucky to have the replica of the image of Our Lady of Caysasay from Batangas enshrined on the Veritas Chapel. I invite you to visit and pray for her intercession,” Fr. Pascual said.
In 1603, a fisherman named Juan Maningcad caught a little statue of the Blessed Virgin of the Immaculate Conception in the ‘Pansipit River’. When the town’s priest heard about the news they took the image to the church in the capital of the province. However, the image always disappears and found at its usual place, until the image was completely disappeared.
Several days after, Maria Bagohin and Maria Talain who went to gather fire woods found the image of the Virgin Mary on the branch of a tall bush with surrounded with ‘king-fisher’ or locally known as ‘Casay-casay’, hence the image was called Our Lady of Caysasay. Because of this event, the town’s people decided to build a chapel on the same spot it has been found.
On 8 December 1954, the image of Our Lady of Caysasay was canonically crowned at the Basilica of San Martin de Tours in Taal, Batangas by Spanish Cardinal Fernando Quiroga, representing Pope Pius XII. Her feast day is celebrated on December 8 and 9. Currently, the original image of Our Lady of Caysasay is currently enshrined at the Archdiocesan Shrine of Our Lady of Caysasay in Labac, Taal, Batangas.
For inquiries, please call (02) 925 7932 and look for Ms. Renee Jose or Rey Isabela of Radio Veritas Religious Department.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic Radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017
- Veritas846 airs “Catena Legionis” daily - May 23, 2017
- Radio Veritas awards best schools in radio broadcasting - May 22, 2017
- Image of Our Lady of Caysasay visits Veritas Chapel - May 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas airs the activities for the celebration of the centennial apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima - May 11, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to bless and distribute 200 images of Our Lady of Fatima - May 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ - May 8, 2017
- Relics of soon-to-be saints, Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco Marto to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - May 3, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Joseph the Worker - April 27, 2017