As Radio Veritas believes to Good Samaritans, the station intensifies its program aimed at helping the needs of every Christian.
Believing in the biblical passage, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ (Acts 20:35), this program aims to provide assistance to everyone especially the underprivileged by tapping those people with generous heart who are willing to share their blessings with their brethren.
Also, as Radio Veritas takes part in the celebration of the 500 years of Christianity in the Philippines in 2021, the station aims to foster selflessness and stewardship among Filipinos who are part of Christian communities bonded with one heart and mind.
As stated in the Holy Bible, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” Luke 10:27
In this program, the station accepts request for an on-air appeal of those who are in need and will find “Good Samaritans” to help them. These pleas will be heard on-air through the public service program, “Caritas sa Veritas” and will also be announced to other programs of the station to reach those “Good Samaritans” who will give their help and support as a concrete faith response.
Radio Veritas has been serving the people through “Caritas sa Veritas” airing Monday to Thursday from 1:00pm-2:00pm. The program serves as a platform for those in need to make an appeal for legal or spiritual advice, and medical, material and financial assistance.
As Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual said, “we must always remember that God will provide. He places people in our lives to play certain roles for specific seasons and reasons and when it’s time for them to help you, God’s providence will work through them.”
Good Samaritan is a term that originates from the parable told by Jesus in the Bible, Luke 10:25–37 about a Samaritan (a man from a country called Samaria) who helps out a Jewish man who is ambushed by thieves and left to die. This was all the more selfless act considering that the Jewish and Samaritan people in those times usually did not associate with each other.
To all those who want to make an appeal or send help, you may visit Radio Veritas station located at 162 West Avenue corner, EDSA, Quezon City or you may call the kapanalig hotline 925-7931 to 40 or email at [email protected] Their Facebook page www.facebook.com/Veritasph is in addition available to assist you in all your needs.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based AM radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Our Lady of Peace and Voyage to visit Veritas Chapel - June 22, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the feast day of the Sacred Heart of Jesus - June 16, 2017
- Radio Veritas invites the public to the June 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation - June 15, 2017
- Good Samaritan, offering a helping a hand - June 8, 2017
- Back to School Telethon 2017 for the benefit of YSLEP Scholars - June 3, 2017
- Relic of Saint Anthony of Padua to visit Veritas Chapel - June 2, 2017
- Veritas to visit Jubilee Churches in Laguna - May 31, 2017
- Fr. Felloni is the new Barangay Simbayanan anchor - May 30, 2017
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017