Radio Veritas, the leading faith-based AM station in the Philippines, will air the feast day activities of Nuestra Señora de los Angeles Parish in Binangonan, Rizal on August 2, 2017.
Listeners of Radio Veritas will be able to hear live reports and interviews in its public affairs program “Barangay Simbayanan” at eight in the morning while the magazine show “Pamilya Mo, Pamilya Ko” at 10 am will make way for the live broadcast of the Holy Mass at the Nuestra Señora de los Angeles Parish to be presided by Antipolo Bishop Most Rev. Francisco De Leon D.D.
The public may also visit the Veritas booth to avail of religious and souvenir items on sale as well as to join or renew their membership to the Kapanalig community.
Nuestra Señora De Los Angeles is a newly-renovated Parish, and was established around 2013. Its titular patron is the Blessed Virgin Mary as the Queen of Angels.
Nuestra Señora de los Angeles or Our Lady Queen of Angels refers to Mary’s place of honor with her Son in the Kingdom of Heaven where Christ is King and Mary is Queen Mother.
The feast of Our Lady Queen of Angels dates back to before the days of St. Francis. By the year 1045 there was a chapel in Assisi called “St. Mary of the Angels” because of the belief angels had appeared there. In this little chapel of St. Mary of the Angels later known as the Portiuncula (or little portion), St Francis in 1208 founded his order of Franciscans and then later with Clare of Assisi, the Order of the Poor Clares. The feast is celebrated on August 2 each year according to the Franciscan Missal with a procession of the Blessed Sacrament on the parish grounds.
Barangay Simbayanan airs from Monday to Friday from 8 to 10 am. Anchored by Ms. Angelique Lazo with different priests for each day, the news and social concerns program features Church ministries, commissions, organizations and lay groups that responds to a particular need of a sector or community.
Meanwhile, Pamilya Mo, Pamilya Ko also airs from Monday to Friday, from 10 to 11:55 in the morning. The magazine program discusses family matters and is anchored by Bernard Cañaberal, Jovie Barreto and Mk Guaño from Couples for Christ (CFC) with priest anchors.
Radio Veritas 846 is owned and operated by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and evangelization in the country today.
- Aid to the Church grants support to Radio Veritas - August 17, 2017
- Third part of the Veritas Pilgrimage in Laguna to voyage this August - August 15, 2017
- Image of Saint Joseph Cupertino to visit Veritas Chapel - August 8, 2017
- Veritas 846 serves up hot “Pandesal Forum sa Veritas” - August 3, 2017
- Faithful surges the Kerygma Lay Formation in the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes - August 1, 2017
- Veritas 846, AUB partner towards financial literacy - July 31, 2017
- Paete Church launches jubilee year marking its 300th anniversary - July 27, 2017
- Fiesta Kapanalig goes to Nuestra Señora de los Angeles Parish in Rizal - July 27, 2017
- PCNE 4 set to air through Veritas 846 - July 26, 2017
- Veritas 846 hosts “Online Prayer Meeting for Peace” with Bishop Pabillo - July 19, 2017