The image of Our Lady of Peńafrancia together with the manto once used for the original image from the minor basilica in Naga City will be enshrined at the Radio Veritas chapel from September 8 to 17, 2016.
Devotees seeking healing and other petitions may visit the miraculous image from 8:00am to 5:00pm at the Radio Veritas chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor EDSA in Quezon City.
Dubbed as the miraculous patroness of the Bicol Region, the canonically crowned image of Nuestra Señora del Peña de Francia is a wooden statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the Philippines patterned after the one in Peña de Francia (Salamanca, Spain).
Celebrated on the third Saturday of September in Naga City, the feast of Our Lady of Peñafrancia, who is endearingly addressed by Bicolanos as Iná (mother), is one of the most celebrated in the country. Millions of pilgrims and devotees arrive in Naga City every September for nine-day festivities in her honor. The minor basilica in Naga City gathers more than five million devotees every year and is known as one of the biggest Marian pilgrimage sites in the world.
On December 3, 2015, a mosaic image of Our Lady of Peñafrancia was officially enshrined at the Vatican Gardens for the 14th slot at the pontifical mandate of Pope Francis.
For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Faithful are also invited for the public veneration at the Radio Veritas Chapel of the image of the Blessed Mother under her title “La Nińa Maria” from August 30 to September 8 and to take part in the Eucharistic Celebration in honor of her nativity on September 8, 2016.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017