On 18 October: “One Million Children Praying the Rosary” – October is the month of the Holy Rosary in the Catholic Church. This year, the prayer campaign is dedicated to the children in Syria, the innocent victims of a never-ending war.
The international Catholic pastoral charity Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) is calling for children to participate in the campaign “One Million Children Praying the Rosary”. Children of all ages throughout the world will gather on Wednesday, 18 October, at 9.00 a.m. local time (or, if this should not be possible, at some other time) to pray for unity and peace in the world. In many areas of the world, lessons will even be interrupted for half an hour so that the children ACN participate. This year’s prayer campaign is dedicated in particular to the children in Syria, the innocent victims of a never-ending war.
Children in the Philippines will join this activity through the initiative of the dioceses and religious communities all over the country. ACN Philippines has sent out packets to all the dioceses, communities and schools to encourage their children’s participation in this prayerful activity. ACN Philippines started the the One Million Children Praying the Rosary after it began its operation, as one of only two national offices in Asia.
The children’s rosary campaign was initiated in 2005 in Venezuela. The initiators have placed their faith in a quotation from St. Padre Pio, “When one million children pray the rosary, the world will change.” This gave the initiative its name. The response from all over the world has been great. Last year, children in 69 countries took part in the prayer campaign.
“In 2017 especially, the 100th anniversary of the appearances of the Queen of the Holy Rosary at Fatima, the best thing we ACN do for peace in this world is to take the message from heaven seriously. Is it not significant that God chose children in Fatima to be the recipients of the most momentous peace plan for the new age? The children understood the language of Our Lady and, most importantly, believed her words. Shouldn’t we be doing so much more to teach children and support them in playing a part in this peace plan, a plan that is more topical than ever today?” the president of the pontifical foundation Aid to the Church in Need, Cardinal Mauro Piacenza, wrote in the invitation to participate in the prayer campaign.
Materials for the prayer campaign ACN be downloaded here: http://www.millionkidspraying.org
- Image and relic of St Jude Thaddaeus visit Veritas Chapel - October 19, 2017
- Global property marketplace Lamudi Philippines opens second edition of bigger Lamudi Housing Fair - October 18, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air Sanlakbay 1st anniversary Holy Mass - October 18, 2017
- Veritas 846, DENR partner to air the voice of climate - October 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas 846 to air the October 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation - October 16, 2017
- Children pray for peace in the world 2017 - October 12, 2017
- Catholics invited to join to the Living Rosary to Our Lady of Fatima - October 11, 2017
- Be a Kapanalig this Christmas, be with the Holy Family - October 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ to Our Lady of Fatima - October 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour Devotion at Veritas Chapel - October 5, 2017