The Catholic Church is mounting a relief operation to respond to the basic needs of the victims of the fire that raged in Parola Compound in Tondo, Manila on February 7, 2017.
Caritas Manila, the social development ministry of the Archdiocese of Manila through its program Caritas Damayan, released 1 000 relief goods containing food and water, clothes and hygiene kits. Caritas Damayan representatives also visited the area and conducted a special needs assessment of the pregnant, children, elderly and the sick victims of the fire incident. Also, the Quiapo Church released 200 relief packs and 500 packed meals. Parishes of San Agustin and Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage have also set up soup kitchens for the fire victims. The relief operation is continuously being conducted to help more than 3,000 families affected by the fire.
Based from the data of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire which started at 9 p.m. on February 7, 2017, reached Task Force Delta as personnel had a difficult time navigating through narrow streets. The fire was declared under control at around 6:30 a.m. and was put out at 7:24 a.m.
Caritas Manila is still accepting donations. Their most immediate needs include food and water, clothes, hygiene items, blankets, trapal, and banig.
Donations can be made online via http://ushare.unionbankph.com/caritas/ or by bank deposit:
Banco De Oro – Savings Account No.: 5600-45905
Bank of the Philippine Islands – Savings Account No.: 3063-5357-01
Metrobank – Savings Account No.: 175-3-17506954-3
For dollar accounts:
Bank of the Philippine Islands – Savings Account No. 3064-0033-55
Swift Code – BOPIPHMM
Philippine National Bank – Savings Account No. 10-856-660002-5
Swift Code – PNBMPHMM
Donations can also be made via Cebuana Lhuillier (free of charge) or dropped off at Caritas Manila office: 2002 Jesus St. Pandacan,Manila or at Radio Veritas in West Ave. corner EDSA, Quezon City.
Caritas Damayan is one of the programs of Caritas Manila, the social development ministry of the Archdiocese of Manila. Through its Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Program, Caritas Manila has put in place a disaster management program that allows for quick response relief operation and effective crisis intervention.
- Veritas 846 hosts “Online Prayer Meeting for Peace” with Bishop Pabillo - July 19, 2017
- Relics of Saints Joachim and Anne to visit Veritas Chapel - July 18, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the Grandparent’s day through “Regalo ko kina Lola’t Lolo Grandparent’s day Raffle Promo” - July 14, 2017
- July 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation to air at Radio Veritas 846 - July 11, 2017
- Lamudi Affordable Housing Fair may mga serbisyo publiko - July 10, 2017
- Veritas 846 airs via Cignal TV and Eradio portal - July 7, 2017
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion to our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour Devotion and Confession at Veritas Chapel - July 5, 2017
- Head of Vatican’s Council on New Evangelization, permanent representative to UN, to grace PCNE 4 - July 3, 2017
- Second part of the Veritas Pilgrimage in Laguna to journey this July - July 3, 2017