The Catholic Church is mounting a relief operation to respond to the basic needs of the victims of the fire that raged in Parola Compound in Tondo, Manila on February 7, 2017.
Caritas Manila, the social development ministry of the Archdiocese of Manila through its program Caritas Damayan, released 1 000 relief goods containing food and water, clothes and hygiene kits. Caritas Damayan representatives also visited the area and conducted a special needs assessment of the pregnant, children, elderly and the sick victims of the fire incident. Also, the Quiapo Church released 200 relief packs and 500 packed meals. Parishes of San Agustin and Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage have also set up soup kitchens for the fire victims. The relief operation is continuously being conducted to help more than 3,000 families affected by the fire.
Based from the data of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire which started at 9 p.m. on February 7, 2017, reached Task Force Delta as personnel had a difficult time navigating through narrow streets. The fire was declared under control at around 6:30 a.m. and was put out at 7:24 a.m.
Caritas Manila is still accepting donations. Their most immediate needs include food and water, clothes, hygiene items, blankets, trapal, and banig.
Donations can be made online via http://ushare.unionbankph.com/caritas/ or by bank deposit:
Banco De Oro – Savings Account No.: 5600-45905
Bank of the Philippine Islands – Savings Account No.: 3063-5357-01
Metrobank – Savings Account No.: 175-3-17506954-3
For dollar accounts:
Bank of the Philippine Islands – Savings Account No. 3064-0033-55
Swift Code – BOPIPHMM
Philippine National Bank – Savings Account No. 10-856-660002-5
Swift Code – PNBMPHMM
Donations can also be made via Cebuana Lhuillier (free of charge) or dropped off at Caritas Manila office: 2002 Jesus St. Pandacan,Manila or at Radio Veritas in West Ave. corner EDSA, Quezon City.
Caritas Damayan is one of the programs of Caritas Manila, the social development ministry of the Archdiocese of Manila. Through its Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Program, Caritas Manila has put in place a disaster management program that allows for quick response relief operation and effective crisis intervention.
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017
- Veritas846 airs “Catena Legionis” daily - May 23, 2017
- Radio Veritas awards best schools in radio broadcasting - May 22, 2017
- Image of Our Lady of Caysasay visits Veritas Chapel - May 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas airs the activities for the celebration of the centennial apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima - May 11, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to bless and distribute 200 images of Our Lady of Fatima - May 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ - May 8, 2017
- Relics of soon-to-be saints, Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco Marto to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - May 3, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Joseph the Worker - April 27, 2017