‘As Jesus has risen, let us also #Resurrectlove in our relationships, our society and our lives.’
This is the Easter message that Radio Veritas 846, TV Maria, Catholic Media Network and Caritas Manila want to convey in their social experiment video titled, “The Lazarus Project”.
Launched on Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017, the Lazarus Project shows the reaction of people seeing five different characters who typically would experience judgement such as an escort, a gay couple, a homeless man and a transgender attending a Holy Mass.
In the video, Radio Veritas President and Caritas Manila Executive Director Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual explained the true meaning of Jesus Christ’s resurrection in his Easter homily.
“First of all, God rose from the dead for all of mankind: men, women, even gays. Christ’s resurrection was for all of us. Rich or poor, young or old, in all walks of life, whether you have had an education or not, Christ was resurrected for all of us, most especially for those who have sinned,” Fr. Pascual said.
He then said that Lord is calling everyone to resurrect the capacity to forgive and love especially to those who need it most.
“God who loves us unconditionally, the Lord who loves us eternally and has risen from the dead is now calling upon us to come to Him. We who are tired, who are troubled in this world, who are lost, who have done wrong and have sinned, let us all come to the Lord. Whatever sin we have committed, that is all in the past. The Lord has forgiven you. Offered his life for you and has risen again so you may live in comfort, joy, and freedom,” Fr. Pascual added.
This initiative also aims to reach and remind all people of different walks of life, regardless of race, color, gender, or social status that they belong that God and the Church accepts and loves everyone without judgement. As what Pope Francis said, “The Church is a place of mercy and hope where everyone is welcomed, loved, and forgiven.”
His Eminence Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. in his homily during Palm Sunday Mass in April 9, 2017 at the Manila Cathedral said that the acceptance of Jesus Christ means acceptance of His presence among the poor and the oppressed.
“Accepting the real Jesus is accepting His presence among the poor; those who get spat at and insulted in the society; those who kept silent even when they are being slapped. But they are the ones who have dignity because only God knows the truth. And that’s how Jesus is, and that’s how we should follow Him,” the Cardinal said.
Currently, the video has a total of 400, 000 views. The public may view the social experiment video at the Radio Veritas 846 Facebook page, Veritas846.ph and share it using the official hashtag, #Ressurectlove. https://www.facebook.com/Veritasph/videos/1362151387161477/
- Veritas 846 hosts “Online Prayer Meeting for Peace” with Bishop Pabillo - July 19, 2017
- Relics of Saints Joachim and Anne to visit Veritas Chapel - July 18, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the Grandparent’s day through “Regalo ko kina Lola’t Lolo Grandparent’s day Raffle Promo” - July 14, 2017
- July 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation to air at Radio Veritas 846 - July 11, 2017
- Lamudi Affordable Housing Fair may mga serbisyo publiko - July 10, 2017
- Veritas 846 airs via Cignal TV and Eradio portal - July 7, 2017
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion to our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour Devotion and Confession at Veritas Chapel - July 5, 2017
- Head of Vatican’s Council on New Evangelization, permanent representative to UN, to grace PCNE 4 - July 3, 2017
- Second part of the Veritas Pilgrimage in Laguna to journey this July - July 3, 2017