His Eminence Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle D.D. will grace the book launch of the first book published by Serviam Catholic Charismatic Community Foundation, Inc. entitled “Servant Leadership in the Light of Faith” on February 20, 2017, 7:30am at the Barbara’s Heritage Restaurant in Plaza San Luis, General Luna St., Intramuros, Manila. The Community’s Spiritual Director, Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual, will join the Cardinal for the launch.
The book aims to spark in the readers’ awareness a special and distinct appreciation of servant leadership, since many believe that the essence of leadership, which is service to others, has been lost somehow or totally ignored in today’s materialistic world.
Edited by Chit de la Torre, the book features reflections and talks about servant leadership by Filipino leaders in diverse fields of professions, advocacies and social concerns during Serviam’s first conference in 2013 on the theme, “Servant Leadership in the Year of Faith.” Cardinal Tagle keynoted the conference.
Speakers included other dignitaries of the Catholic Church and other well-known personalities including Retired Chief Justice Artemio Panganiban, Chevrolet Philippines Executive Director Selene Yu, Couples for Christ Founder Francisco Padilla and Ms. Barbara G. de los Reyes..
In his message, Cardinal Tagle hopes that the readers of the book may have a deeper understanding of servant leadership and pattern themselves after Jesus Christ, the perfect example of a servant leader.
“What is presented in the book goes beyond the secular paradigm — a Christian’s understanding of Servant Leadership where Jesus Christ – who ‘did not come to be served but to serve’ is put at the center,” Cardinal Tagle said in the Foreword.
The Serviam Catholic Charismatic Community Foundation, Inc.’s was established in 2003 by His Eminence Jaime Cardinal Sin, then Archbishop of Manila, and Antonio De los Reyes, a well-known lay Catholic leader and a papal awardee. Serviam aims to build communities of the Lord through worship, formation and ministry and embrace servant leadership as a way of life. The core strength of Serviam community comes in three distinct areas: Worship, Formation and Ministry (Pastoral Care).
Tommy and Lulu Carrasco are presently at the helm as Community Servant Leaders.
- Poong Nazareno replica to visit Veritas Chapel - May 29, 2017
- Caritas Manila sends help for families affected by violence in Marawi City - May 28, 2017
- Veritas846 airs “Catena Legionis” daily - May 23, 2017
- Radio Veritas awards best schools in radio broadcasting - May 22, 2017
- Image of Our Lady of Caysasay visits Veritas Chapel - May 17, 2017
- Radio Veritas airs the activities for the celebration of the centennial apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima - May 11, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to bless and distribute 200 images of Our Lady of Fatima - May 10, 2017
- Catholics invited to make their ‘Pledge of Devotion’ - May 8, 2017
- Relics of soon-to-be saints, Blessed Jacinta and Blessed Francisco Marto to be enthroned at the Veritas Chapel - May 3, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates feast of Saint Joseph the Worker - April 27, 2017