His Eminence Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle D.D. will grace the book launch of the first book published by Serviam Catholic Charismatic Community Foundation, Inc. entitled “Servant Leadership in the Light of Faith” on February 20, 2017, 7:30am at the Barbara’s Heritage Restaurant in Plaza San Luis, General Luna St., Intramuros, Manila. The Community’s Spiritual Director, Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual, will join the Cardinal for the launch.
The book aims to spark in the readers’ awareness a special and distinct appreciation of servant leadership, since many believe that the essence of leadership, which is service to others, has been lost somehow or totally ignored in today’s materialistic world.
Edited by Chit de la Torre, the book features reflections and talks about servant leadership by Filipino leaders in diverse fields of professions, advocacies and social concerns during Serviam’s first conference in 2013 on the theme, “Servant Leadership in the Year of Faith.” Cardinal Tagle keynoted the conference.
Speakers included other dignitaries of the Catholic Church and other well-known personalities including Retired Chief Justice Artemio Panganiban, Chevrolet Philippines Executive Director Selene Yu, Couples for Christ Founder Francisco Padilla and Ms. Barbara G. de los Reyes..
In his message, Cardinal Tagle hopes that the readers of the book may have a deeper understanding of servant leadership and pattern themselves after Jesus Christ, the perfect example of a servant leader.
“What is presented in the book goes beyond the secular paradigm — a Christian’s understanding of Servant Leadership where Jesus Christ – who ‘did not come to be served but to serve’ is put at the center,” Cardinal Tagle said in the Foreword.
The Serviam Catholic Charismatic Community Foundation, Inc.’s was established in 2003 by His Eminence Jaime Cardinal Sin, then Archbishop of Manila, and Antonio De los Reyes, a well-known lay Catholic leader and a papal awardee. Serviam aims to build communities of the Lord through worship, formation and ministry and embrace servant leadership as a way of life. The core strength of Serviam community comes in three distinct areas: Worship, Formation and Ministry (Pastoral Care).
Tommy and Lulu Carrasco are presently at the helm as Community Servant Leaders.
- Catholics invited to take part on the Ash Wednesday Mass at Veritas Chapel - February 27, 2017
- Veritas Truth Forum to talk about the proposed revival of Death Penalty - February 24, 2017
- 48 Days to win at Radio Veritas 48th anniversary on-air promo - February 24, 2017
- The Shack advance screening at Greenbelt 1, Feb. 25 - February 23, 2017
- Activist nuns to talk about the spirit of EDSA 1 at Radyo Veritas - February 23, 2017
- Catholics invited to join the Veritas Lenten Pilgrimage - February 21, 2017
- Cardinal Tagle to grace the Serviam Community book launch - February 17, 2017
- Sangguniang Laiko organizes ‘Walk for Life’ - February 17, 2017
- CALL FOR DONATIONS FOR THE VICTIMS OF 6.7 MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE IN SURIGAO DEL NORTE - February 13, 2017
- Archdiocese of Manila marks 25th World Day of the Sick - February 10, 2017