His Eminence Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle, D.D. will bless and distribute 200 hundred images of Our Lady of Fatima in a Holy Mass on May 13, 2017, 6:00pm at the Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Sgt. Mariano, Pasay City.
As Radio Veritas takes part in the celebration of the centennial of the Apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima, and the Silver Jubilee of Our Lady of Fatima Parish in Sgt. Mariano, Pasay City, the station will distribute more than 200 images of Our Lady to different barangay communities in Pasay City. Radio Veritas President Rev. Fr. Anton C.T. Pascual and Our Lady of Fatima Parish Priest and Vicar Forane of the Vicariate of Santa Clara de Montefalco Rev. Fr. Mike Kalaw will assist Cardinal Tagle in the blessing and distribution of the images to the Barangay Captains and representatives.
Through this, the station aims to promote the Community Rosary Campaign wherein the image will be passed on and venerated from house to house and from one family to another until October 13, 2017. This aims to build and strengthen the barangay community’s faith which is the building blocks of a parish community. Also, the station hopes that through this spiritual exercise, the violence that has hovered may be eradicated. At the end of the Block Rosary, a grotto will be set up at the center of each barangay where the images will be enthroned.
“As we start to celebrate the Centennial Apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima, may her images be an inspiration to everyone to live a holy life and may our prayers for God’s forgiveness and compassion be heard through her intercession,” Fr. Pascual said.
This initiative is made possible through the help of Rural Bank of Pilar, Inc., Fatima University Medical Center, Our Lady of Fatima University, University of Luzon, Baliwag Transit, Inc., Victory Liner, Consuelo Chito Madrigal Foundation, Inc., Amarela Resort, Catholic Women’s League, Mama Sita’s Foundation Inc., Holy Cross Savings and Credit Cooperative, Knights of Columbus Foundation, Inc., Bataan Women’s Hospital, Felicidad T.Sy. Foundation, Inc., BPI Foundation, and Ms. Rosanna Wenona Dizon of St. Joseph Child Development Center Inc.
Before the Holy Mass and the distribution of the images of Our Lady of Fatima at 6pm, all the patron saints of parishes in Pasay City will be gathered for a grand Vicariate Procession at 2:00pm including San Isidro Labrador, San Roque, Sta. Clara De Montefalco, Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of the Airways, Mary, the Comforter of the Afflicted and Saint Rafael the Archangel among others.
Our Lady of Fatima is a Roman Catholic title of the Blessed Virgin Mary based on her six apparitions to three shepherd children; Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta near the town of Fatima. The Blessed Mother repeatedly emphasized the need to pray the Rosary every day, to wear the Brown Scapular of Mount Carmel and to perform acts of reparation and sacrifice in all her appearances every 13th of the month from May to October 1917.
In the Philippines, the image of Our Lady of Fatima is considered as the Queen of Peace. Our Lady of Fatima was also declared as the Patroness of Valenzuela City in celebration of the Golden Anniversary of the parish in 2011.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth.
- Veritas 846 hosts “Online Prayer Meeting for Peace” with Bishop Pabillo - July 19, 2017
- Relics of Saints Joachim and Anne to visit Veritas Chapel - July 18, 2017
- Radio Veritas celebrates the Grandparent’s day through “Regalo ko kina Lola’t Lolo Grandparent’s day Raffle Promo” - July 14, 2017
- July 2017 Katolikong Pinoy Formation to air at Radio Veritas 846 - July 11, 2017
- Lamudi Affordable Housing Fair may mga serbisyo publiko - July 10, 2017
- Veritas 846 airs via Cignal TV and Eradio portal - July 7, 2017
- Devotees invited to profess their Pledge of Devotion to our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 6, 2017
- First Friday Holy Hour Devotion and Confession at Veritas Chapel - July 5, 2017
- Head of Vatican’s Council on New Evangelization, permanent representative to UN, to grace PCNE 4 - July 3, 2017
- Second part of the Veritas Pilgrimage in Laguna to journey this July - July 3, 2017