Radio Veritas invites the public to venerate the image of La Virgen Divina Pastora from her National Shrine, the oldest parish in Nueva Ecija from March 7 to 16, 2017 at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel in Quezon City.
“This is a rare opportunity for all of us to be visited by the Patroness of the Diocese of Cabanatuan, that’s why, I am inviting all the catholic faithful and devotees of Divina Pastora to visit and pray before her image here at the Veritas Chapel on March 7,” Fr. Pascual said.
La Virgen Divina Pastora, also called as Divina Pastora or the Divine Shepherdess is not only the patroness of Gapan City, she was canonically crowned and declared as the patroness of the Diocese of Cabanatuan on April 26, 1964, through a decree by Pope Paul VI.
The image which depicts Virgin Mary holding a cane on her left hand while her right hand appears to be petting a sheep resting on her lap is currently enthroned at the Three Kings Parish in Gapan City, Nueva Ecija which was declared as the National Shrine of La Virgen Divina Pastora on April 26, 1986 by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines. Built in the mid-1800s, the church is the oldest Catholic parish in Nueva Ecija and one of the oldest in the country.
The feast day of La Virgen Divina Pastora is observed every first day of May.
Devotees may pray before her image from 8:00am to 5:00pm at the Our Lady of Veritas Chapel located at the second floor of Veritas Tower, 162 West Avenue cor EDSA in Quezon City. For inquiries, please call Ms. Renee Jose or Mr. Rey Isabela at (02) 925-7932 to 39 local 129.
Radio Veritas 846, the number one faith-based Radio in the Philippines, is owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Manila. Established in 1969, the Ramon Magsaysay recipient Catholic radio station continues to be the leading social communications ministry for truth and new evangelization in the country today.
- Marian Images to visit Veritas Chapel - September 9, 2017
- Exorcist Reinstates Caution On ‘Satanic’ Rosaries - September 8, 2017
- 38th Manila International Book Fair - September 8, 2017
- Nuestra Seńora dela Soledad de Porta Vaga to visit Veritas Chapel - September 8, 2017
- Hundreds helped through relentless charity from Good Samaritans - September 7, 2017
- Faithful invited to join the “Mama Mary Birthday Promo” - September 6, 2017
- Devotees invited to venerate the image of Virgen de Peńafrancia at the Veritas Chapel - September 4, 2017
- Veritas 846 to air “Walk for Creation” in Luneta - August 31, 2017
- Image of La Nińa Maria visits Veritas Chapel - August 30, 2017
- Veritas 846 continues to distribute Our Lady of Fatima images - August 24, 2017